Ski boots: your experiences

Skis, Boots and Pole Reviews and Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Group

Neuro
World Cup

Ski boots: your experiences

Postby Neuro » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:13 pm

Rossignol X-IUM WC Classic (2015/16 model): Not good

Gotta warn against this boot. There is a sharp step between the stiff toe cap and main body that caused two massive blisters and agony, For a long time I had to tape up my toes to go skiing. Also, the lacing is big and round (unlike flat and thin like Fischer), so when the too tight outer skin is closed, they will be pressed down and cause discomfort. Generally the inner shoe doesn't fit too well all around and it's not possible to tighten it to where it sits all that snugly, and the sole is not particularly profiled either.

All in all very disappointing for a (supposedly) top of the range shoe. They are light, but that's about the only good thing.

----------------------------------------

Fischer RCS Carbonlite Skate: Great

Extremely good fit and comfortable with padding in the right places. Very stiff and stable but still light. Feels perfect. And I've used this for several seasons now. Only thing to note is size. I had to add one more than normal size to get a fit (i.e. I got a 46 when I'm 44.5).

----------------------------------------

Fischer Rollerski Boots RCS Roller Skate: Good

Good in every way like the snow version except the calf support could be slightly more padded (but then I like it tight). Breathes well and have a very nice balance of being stiff but not too stiff. Another thing is that largest size available is 45 which in reality is more like 44. I had to use an expander, but after some treatment with this it fits ok (for someone who use 44.5).

Return to “XC Ski Gear Discussion”