Salomon + Atomic to be bought by the Chinese

Skis, Boots and Pole Reviews and Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Group

Post Reply
trotro
xcskiforum 30K
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 7:08 am

Salomon + Atomic to be bought by the Chinese

Post by trotro » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:43 am

Looks as if Amer group is going to be bought by a Chinese company.

User avatar
Neuro
World Cup
Posts: 777
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:56 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Salomon + Atomic to be bought by the Chinese

Post by Neuro » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:48 am

Interesting. I wonder why they sold it. Climate change affecting sales in Europe and USA? XC going to boom in China?

User avatar
dcpattie
xcskiforum 40K
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:33 pm
Location: Nordic Virginia

Re: Salomon + Atomic to be bought by the Chinese

Post by dcpattie » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:24 am

Neuro wrote:Interesting. I wonder why they sold it. Climate change affecting sales in Europe and USA? XC going to boom in China?
Ha, good one!

Image
Dave in Nordic Virginia

trotro
xcskiforum 30K
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 7:08 am

Re: Salomon + Atomic to be bought by the Chinese

Post by trotro » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:49 am

dcpattie wrote:
Neuro wrote:Interesting. I wonder why they sold it. Climate change affecting sales in Europe and USA? XC going to boom in China?
Ha, good one!

Image
Unfortunately in France it's another poor start to winter - very warm still with little snow below 1800 meters so little cross country skiing as the trails are typically around 1000-1200 meters.

User avatar
Neuro
World Cup
Posts: 777
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:56 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Salomon + Atomic to be bought by the Chinese

Post by Neuro » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:42 pm

It's so weird with that snow statistic. Where does it go? Even the Arctic seems to have less. Russia maybe?

User avatar
dcpattie
xcskiforum 40K
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:33 pm
Location: Nordic Virginia

Re: Salomon + Atomic to be bought by the Chinese

Post by dcpattie » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:12 pm

Neuro wrote:It's so weird with that snow statistic. Where does it go? Even the Arctic seems to have less. Russia maybe?
You might ask, Ok, that's fall...what about winter?

Image
Dave in Nordic Virginia

Blah
xcskiforum 40K
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:43 am

Re: Salomon + Atomic to be bought by the Chinese

Post by Blah » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:36 pm

Old news. Amer owns much bigger businesses than just snow sports

Post Reply