Sigge's P'ayakentsut

Talk about upcoming events

Moderator: Moderator Group

nxski
World Cup

Sigge's P'ayakentsut

Postby nxski » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:50 am

Is anyone on the forum coming out to this race? We have over 600 people signed up so far which is pretty impressive for just the 3rd year of it's existence. Unfortunately, I'm stuck representing the shop from behind a counter, but it should be great for all who are attending. For those who follow hockey, Trevor Linden will be participating, and for those who recall the early days of xc skiing in North America, Sigge Bjorklund will also be there. It's a fun event catering to all ages and ability levels with course lengths of 15km, 30km and 50km with mixed skate and classic technique.
On top of that, it's being held at the Whistler Olympic Park where the 2010 cross-country ski and ski jumping events were held.

http://www.payak.ca/
"Live the life you love, love the life you live"

nes-design-construction.com

Nick Spurling

PortlandORXCER
xcskiforum 50K

Re: Sigge's P'ayakentsut

Postby PortlandORXCER » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:27 pm

Looks like a cool event, I wish I knew about it earlier. It's actually a drivable distance from where I live (albeit a long miserable drive). How spendy is lodging? If the Canucks are in town the same weekend as the race next year, I'm there. My wife's a major hockey fan so it would require no arm twisting.

Any other big races up there? We have a few down here but they're pretty small, like 30 people.

nxski
World Cup

Re: Sigge's P'ayakentsut

Postby nxski » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:34 pm

This is the biggest of the races but there are lots of good sized races in BC. The lodging in Whistler isn't cheap but the hostel is about $40/night and you could always stay in Squamish as well which is much more reasonable.
"Live the life you love, love the life you live"

nes-design-construction.com

Nick Spurling

Return to “Races and Racing”