Therese Johaug doped

Talk about upcoming events

Moderator: Moderator Group

Neuro
World Cup

Re: Therese Johaug doped

Postby Neuro » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:03 am

The amount was consistent with a few applications on the lip, so that holds up, but I believe she was given the whole packet, not just the tube.

Johaug is a great skiier, but has a very naive and gullible personality so I believe that when given the medication from the team's long time and trusted doctor, she didn't question it, even if there was a warning label on the package. Most probably would trust their doctor here.

And this blind trust we've seen fell other skiers before. Even in World Championships, medal contenders will go out on skis which are not going to work on fresh snow even though it's just started to snow right on their heads.

Again, the suspicious part is what the doctor did. It's almost inconceivable he would miss it as he knows the medicine, the active content and he must have seen the label. There was also another pharmacy in town he could have used.

Before I thought he must have been gotten to by a betting agency, but it could also be some love angle. That he was hopelessly lost in Therese, and when ignored or even rejected he got some sort of weird revenge. It wouldn't be the first time somebody has done crazy things over love.

trotro
xcskiforum 20K

Postby trotro » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:46 am

The amount was consistent with a few applications on the lip, so that holds up, but I believe she was given the whole packet, not just the tube.

I understand the steroid in question is used by female athletes in small doses to reduce body fat. Whether that makes much sense in the middle of the summer season I don't know.

Magnus Johansson
World Cup

Postby Magnus Johansson » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:45 am

Neuro wrote:The amount was consistent with a few applications on the lip, so that holds up, but I believe she was given the whole packet, not just the tube.

She used up the whole tube, with daily applications for over a week. She was given the tube in its box also containing the package leaflet but immediately discarded the box and leaflet without reading anything on them.

Neuro wrote:Johaug is a great skiier, but has a very naive and gullible personality (...)

In an interview only a few weeks earlier she said she was very accurate with checking and double-checking everything she took so she would not risk using forbidden substances.

Neuro wrote:Again, the suspicious part is what the doctor did. It's almost inconceivable he would miss it as he knows the medicine, the active content and he must have seen the label. There was also another pharmacy in town he could have used.

Before I thought he must have been gotten to by a betting agency, but it could also be some love angle. That he was hopelessly lost in Therese, and when ignored or even rejected he got some sort of weird revenge. It wouldn't be the first time somebody has done crazy things over love.

This sounds like the subject for an intriguing film, but if Bendiksen had been rejected by Johaug I don't think Johaug would have trusted him.

Neuro
World Cup

Postby Neuro » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:06 am

Magnus Johansson wrote:In an interview only a few weeks earlier she said she was very accurate with checking and double-checking everything she took so she would not risk using forbidden substances.

She will get something from the team's doctor and trust it implicitly, even if there's a warning label on it. I've seen tens of interviews and even some features about her, and she is a follower and quite child-like in many respects.

This sounds like the subject for an intriguing film, but if Bendiksen had been rejected by Johaug I don't think Johaug would have trusted him.

It might have happened there in Italy. I mean, they apparently talked every day on the phone, then she wants him to fly to Italy (to romantic Seiser Alm) from Norway because of a known and recurring mouth sore that can probably easily be fixed remotely from the team's medical bag, or even an electronic prescription or whatever. Even I would get ideas here. He then makes a move that she doesn't even get or is rejected. Remember it took him 2 days after arriving to go out for the medicine, which is very odd to say the least.

trotro
xcskiforum 20K

Postby trotro » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:34 am

Recent interview with Johaug

"I've lost the thing I love"

https://www.vg.no/sport/langrenn/theres ... /24164778/

She returned from Livigno "deflated" - "I have not exercised much, to be honest. I have taken it easy. I have not set any goals. I need to find myself again. After Christmas I'll be ready again" says the 29-year-old.

Neuro
World Cup

Postby Neuro » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:15 pm

It's heart braking when the likelyhood is she's innocent.

Return to “Races and Racing”