Varis banned for life.

Talk about upcoming events

Moderator: Moderator Group

matt aro
xcskiforum 10K

Postby matt aro » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:06 pm

GreggB, I agree with you. It would be good to see testing at local events, but that just isn't realistic - unfortunately. I did one race where a pre-race drug test was mandatory. I thought it was an outstanding requirement.

Cloxxki
World Cup

Postby Cloxxki » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:51 am

Doping is the easy way out, you can get it legal too.

I'm (or used to be) a sports MTB racer. A few occasions, we had 5 or so rider get tested after a race. Never visited out of competition.
This was also just for randomly picked racers and perhaps the winner. With Elite/Pro's, the testing is more elaborate and aimed at folks who perform oddly well.
The scariest part about doping control, is failing to hear your start number as being expected to show up for testing. Forget, and you're out of the sport for a long time...

Chad Austin
xcskiforum 20K

increased sales

Postby Chad Austin » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:00 pm

Yeah, it's a very frustrating topic that seems to apply to all (endurance) sports. I just read an article (http://downthebackstretch.blogspot.com/2008/02/send-right-message.html) yesterday about how busting top-level athletes actually sent sales of the drugs they used through the roof - rather than make people think twice about the consequences.

Return to “Races and Racing”