The Boreal Loppett.

Talk about upcoming events

Moderator: Moderator Group

Shawn
xcskiforum 20K

The Boreal Loppett.

Postby Shawn » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:56 pm

Has anyone done this race?

I was planning on doing this race last year but broke a few ribs and declined to go. This year I want to race. A small breakdown of the race might be in order for anyone whom hasnt done this race to be able to help me out with some possible advice. The race is run on one continuos 100km loop. A bag(I can put anything in it) will be taken out to the 49th kilometer feed zone for me.

What things should I be putting in this bag other than maybe some dry clothes/food,some wax? For anyone thats done some long races,please give me some advice.

Thanks.

http://www.loppetboreal100k.ca/main.php?lang=en

Jay Tegeder
xcskiforum 10K

Postby Jay Tegeder » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:55 pm

Sounds like fun. I did the VASA in '96. That one is 90K.

Jay
"On the podium if the right people don't show up!" JT
"Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT
"Stick around this sport long enough and you'll beat everyone at least once!" JT

Shawn
xcskiforum 20K

Postby Shawn » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:30 pm

Yeah. It should be good. The whole town shuts down. Iam looking forward to it. Its really not that far off.

Ive been told the worst aspect of the race is that conditions change during the race and the cold goes through you at around the 5 hr mark depending on fiitness. SWIX sets up a booth to wax skis the days leading up to the race. The snow tends to be a little slow/deep so you need a strong push through the poles to keep you moving.

You should come and race.

When you did the VASA what things did you pack along? Were you allowed a bag to drop anywhere or you skied with what you could carry?

Return to “Races and Racing”