World's most eager skier?

Stuff that doesnt fit anywhere else.

Moderator: Moderator Group

Neuro
World Cup

World's most eager skier?

Postby Neuro » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:38 am

https://www.nrk.no/ostlandssendingen/gi ... 1.13541053
(Norwegian, use Google translate or similar to get the English text)

Tom Stensaker (62) says this season has been one of the 'longest' he's ever had, 210 days skiing (3. November 2016 -> 31. May 2017), and 11 200 kilometers overall.

Normal daily trips is around 70km, and since he can't go any less than 10km per trip, the last trips of the season he does 500 times on a strip of 20m.

What a guy :finga:

Neuro
World Cup

Re: World's most eager skier?

Postby Neuro » Mon May 07, 2018 12:32 pm

Another season with more than 10 000 km for Tom. (still not over!) That's 50-60 km each and every day.

This year he passed a lifetime total of 320 000 km which equals the distance 8 times around the earth. He celebrated with a strawberry.

He says this winter was exceptional not seen since the 80's.

He likes the spring skiing for all the nature moments of flora and fauna coming out.

dcpattie
xcskiforum 50K

Postby dcpattie » Mon May 07, 2018 3:43 pm

Its great to see this guy at it again this season!

The climate fraudsters are telling us that snow is a thing of the past. The Nordic ski industry has a massive campaign called "Save our Winters." However, the ski season is still open at a few New England resorts - we're talking about skiing in May on the east coast!

Modern climate experts believe solar activity does not influence the weather, and that the climate is controlled by a 0.0001 mole fraction increase in a harmless trace gas. Remember, according to the climate warmest its warmer everywhere except where you are located (this is how the scam works).

For those willing to pop the red pill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzFx_tTx0ms
Dave in Nordic Virginia

Magnus Johansson
World Cup

Postby Magnus Johansson » Tue May 08, 2018 2:16 am

dcpattie wrote:Its great to see this guy at it again this season!

The climate fraudsters are telling us that snow is a thing of the past. The Nordic ski industry has a massive campaign called "Save our Winters." However, the ski season is still open at a few New England resorts - we're talking about skiing in May on the east coast!

Modern climate experts believe solar activity does not influence the weather, and that the climate is controlled by a 0.0001 mole fraction increase in a harmless trace gas. Remember, according to the climate warmest its warmer everywhere except where you are located (this is how the scam works).

For those willing to pop the red pill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzFx_tTx0ms

Dave, what do you believe is behind this climate change propaganda. Is it a cover-up for or distraction from something else? Why isn't the change in e.g. microwave radiation more of a concern? The natural background microwave radiation is circa 0.5 pW/m2 (0.000 000 000 000 5 W/m2). The man-made background radiation of today is in cities often between 100-1000 uW/m2 (0.000 1 - 0.001 W/m2). That is a change of astronomical proportions.

dcpattie
xcskiforum 50K

Postby dcpattie » Tue May 08, 2018 4:34 am

Magnus Johansson wrote:
dcpattie wrote:Its great to see this guy at it again this season!

Dave, what do you believe is behind this climate change propaganda. Is it a cover-up for or distraction from something else? Why isn't the change in e.g. microwave radiation more of a concern? The natural background microwave radiation is circa 0.5 pW/m2 (0.000 000 000 000 5 W/m2). The man-made background radiation of today is in cities often between 100-1000 uW/m2 (0.000 1 - 0.001 W/m2). That is a change of astronomical proportions.

It's simple actually. What role does government play in controlling solar activity or ocean current cycles? The UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) isn't even hiding the motivation as stated by its former co-chair, Ottmar Edenhofer “One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. Instead, climate change policy is about how we redistribute de facto the world’s wealth.”
Dave in Nordic Virginia

Magnus Johansson
World Cup

Postby Magnus Johansson » Tue May 08, 2018 5:06 am

dcpattie wrote:It's simple actually. What role does government play in controlling solar activity or ocean current cycles?

I don't know, but it is rather scary to see a clear blue sky transform into a milky haze by air plane exhaustions. This has happened many times here.

dcpattie wrote:The UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) isn't even hiding the motivation as stated by its former co-chair, Ottmar Edenhofer “One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. Instead, climate change policy is about how we redistribute de facto the world’s wealth.”

How is that redistribution done through climate policy?

dcpattie
xcskiforum 50K

Postby dcpattie » Tue May 08, 2018 9:52 am

Magnus Johansson wrote:
dcpattie wrote:It's simple actually. What role does government play in controlling solar activity or ocean current cycles?

I don't know, but it is rather scary to see a clear blue sky transform into a milky haze by air plane exhaustions. This has happened many times here.

dcpattie wrote:The UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) isn't even hiding the motivation as stated by its former co-chair, Ottmar Edenhofer “One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. Instead, climate change policy is about how we redistribute de facto the world’s wealth.”

How is that redistribution done through climate policy?

When most of us see a smoke stack emitting a cloud, we immediately think about all the dirty carbon being released into the environment. I was thinking this until I stared doing my know research on climate issues about 2-years ago. The reality is what we are seeing is just water vapor, carbon is completely invisible. Watch the first 2-mins of this video: https://realclimatescience.com/2018/04/ ... trol-knob/

Also, about how redistribution is done through climate policy, see this short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtaOj8nSopE
Dave in Nordic Virginia

Magnus Johansson
World Cup

Postby Magnus Johansson » Tue May 08, 2018 10:58 am

dcpattie wrote:When most of us see a smoke stack emitting a cloud, we immediately think about all the dirty carbon being released into the environment. I was thinking this until I stared doing my know research on climate issues about 2-years ago. The reality is what we are seeing is just water vapor, carbon is completely invisible. Watch the first 2-mins of this video: https://realclimatescience.com/2018/04/ ... trol-knob/

Yes, but the situation with the plane exhaustions is different since they do alter the weather of that day and likely in a longer run too.

dcpattie wrote:Also, about how redistribution is done through climate policy, see this short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtaOj8nSopE

That specific redistribution reason is very limited, I think. The vast majority of "wealth redistributors" that has invaded Sweden the latest 30 years is citing political or religious reasons.

dcpattie
xcskiforum 50K

Postby dcpattie » Tue May 08, 2018 3:56 pm

Magnus Johansson wrote:
dcpattie wrote:When most of us see a smoke stack emitting a cloud, we immediately think about all the dirty carbon being released into the environment. I was thinking this until I stared doing my know research on climate issues about 2-years ago. The reality is what we are seeing is just water vapor, carbon is completely invisible. Watch the first 2-mins of this video: https://realclimatescience.com/2018/04/ ... trol-knob/

Yes, but the situation with the plane exhaustions is different since they do alter the weather of that day and likely in a longer run too.

dcpattie wrote:Also, about how redistribution is done through climate policy, see this short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtaOj8nSopE

That specific redistribution reason is very limited, I think. The vast majority of "wealth redistributors" that has invaded Sweden the latest 30 years is citing political or religious reasons.

I see your point Magnus and its terrible to watch in real time what is happening to Sweden. In many ways, I view the decline of SAAB automobile as very symbolic to what is happening in Sweden. Sweden is a proud country with a rich culture that is worth fighting for.
Dave in Nordic Virginia

UPrSKr
xcskiforum 30K

Postby UPrSKr » Wed May 09, 2018 2:41 pm

I am also an avid backcountry skier, but I mainly use skating gear because I like the control on the big hills that I like to ski. I use whatever technique is needed for the terrain but prefer skating where possible. Having previously skied in every month except August (June and July in Alaska), I don't bother to ski back and forth on a small patch of snow to extend the season unless the skiing is actually good. I could ski in my backyard right now but at this point I will let my boots dry out and go sand skiing when I crave it later in the year. I did manage to ski 531 hours in 178 days from October 25th to May 6th this season, taking a few recovery days off to prepare for races, a few downhill powder days, and a couple of snowbound days spent shoveling snow along the way.
Attachments
008-e.jpg
May 6, 2018 (Mandan, Michigan)
008-e.jpg (35.86 KiB) Viewed 433 times
049-e.jpg
October 25, 2017 (Herman, Michigan)
049-e.jpg (49.59 KiB) Viewed 433 times

UPrSKr
xcskiforum 30K

Postby UPrSKr » Wed May 09, 2018 2:52 pm

Some spring skiing highlights.
Attachments
010-e.jpg
April 13, 2018 (Mt. Horace Greeley)
010-e.jpg (37.6 KiB) Viewed 433 times
056-e.jpg
April 21, 2018 (Gratiot Mountain)
056-e.jpg (45.38 KiB) Viewed 433 times
051-e.jpg
April 24, 2018 (High Rock bay)
051-e.jpg (24.65 KiB) Viewed 433 times

UPrSKr
xcskiforum 30K

Postby UPrSKr » Wed May 09, 2018 2:59 pm

Some more Michigan Upper Peninsula spring skiing scenes.
Attachments
063-e.jpg
March 17, 2018 (Brockway Mountain Drive).
063-e.jpg (33.24 KiB) Viewed 432 times
024-e.jpg
April 9, 2018 (Mt. Houghton)
024-e.jpg (34.08 KiB) Viewed 432 times
121-e.jpg
April 9, 2018 (Mt. Bohemia)
121-e.jpg (34.29 KiB) Viewed 432 times

Neuro
World Cup

Postby Neuro » Wed May 09, 2018 11:33 pm

That's impressive, but why do you prefer track skis over terrain skis? Better for skating?

Magnus Johansson
World Cup

Postby Magnus Johansson » Thu May 10, 2018 1:22 am

dcpattie wrote:I see your point Magnus and its terrible to watch in real time what is happening to Sweden. In many ways, I view the decline of SAAB automobile as very symbolic to what is happening in Sweden. Sweden is a proud country with a rich culture that is worth fighting for.

Thanks, Dave, but we have a mighty and evil force against us, the same one that controls USA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ERmOpZrKtw

UPrSKr
xcskiforum 30K

Postby UPrSKr » Thu May 10, 2018 2:51 pm

That's impressive, but why do you prefer track skis over terrain skis? Better for skating?

Yes, I like the combination of lightness, speed, and ability to skate whenever possible. The modern gear provides very good control on downhills and the stiffer skating bindings minimize heel movement when skiing in fresh snow. I also use lightweight classic gear when I know skating will not be possible. The limiting factor is deep powder conditions. That is when I ski packed snowmobile trails or groomed xc trails, or go alpine powder skiing riding a lift or using climbing skins.

Return to “General Discussion”