Norheim gloves on sale in Provincetown, Massachusetts

Post ski deals here. Retailers welcome.

Moderator: Moderator Group

LewLasher
World Cup

Norheim gloves on sale in Provincetown, Massachusetts

Postby LewLasher » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:02 pm

This probably does not qualify as being one of "the best deals." However: I was in Provincetown, Massachusetts this past weekend and noticed that Marine Specialties had a pile of Norheim gloves ("Tur og Trening") for sale at the price of US$14.95 (no sales tax on clothing in Massachusetts). List price was 199.00 [kroner?].

I see now that Amazon has them in adult sizes 8 and 11, for US$11.99. At the store, I found that size 10 was a good fit for me. Amazon describes size 11 as "XL", and they only have one pair left in that size.

There's an eBay listing that also has adult sizes 8 and 11 available, for $14.99, with free shipping.

I imagine that this might be a discontinued item.

None of this is particularly interesting. I don't even need any more gloves. I just thought it was ridiculous to be buying ski gloves in Provincetown, just a few days before the summer solstice. So, I couldn't resist.

Maybe I'll wear them eventually.

LewLasher
World Cup

Re: Norheim gloves on sale in Provincetown, Massachusetts

Postby LewLasher » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:20 pm

LewLasher wrote:... Marine Specialties had a pile of Norheim gloves ("Tur og Trening") for sale ...

If you ever happen to be in Provincetown, Massachusetts - and why not? - Marine Specialties is one of the most successful retail operations in town. As best as I can determine, they have a tripartite business model comprising (a) the vestigial "Army/Navy" section, way in the back, where you can still get knives and stuff, (b) discount, or, at least, very reasonably-priced, clothing, mostly beach-wear, except, I suppose, when they stumble across the odd lot of discontinued cross-country ski gloves, in the middle of the store, and (c) in the front section, a bewildering assortment of impulse-purchase "souvenirs", from the explicable - like seashells and starfish, which I suppose are conventional memorabilia from a seaside resort - to the WTF - like what seemed to be a [replica?] bomb hanging from the ceiling, which I suppose could fill up some otherwise unused cubic feet at the higher elevations of your living room. Every year I usually purchase a "web" belt, near the back of the store, for $3.50, available in a dozen or so different colors, but, yesterday they didn't have any colors that I didn't already have.

Return to “Where are the best deals?”