NEW CLASSIC ROLLER SKIS

Moderator: Moderator Group

Pat
xcskiforum 30K

NEW CLASSIC ROLLER SKIS

Post by Pat » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:46 am

I recently purchased a pair of Swenor classic roller skis. They are Swenor Finstep model and I have #3 slow wheels and a calf brake. Have to say they are terrific to ski on. Being composite and for lighter skiers they have a nice flex to them, the wheels are slow and controllable, and the brake is the best I've ever used and easy to adjust to fit your leg shape. Usually my workouts, no matter what activity I'm doing, are about an hour long. These definitely fit that need and handle the terrain and imperfections in the road very well. I'm very happy with the setup and round out my stable of gear/skis.

Hope everyone is healthy and enjoying the summer sun.

R.,
Pat

trotro
xcskiforum 30K

Re: NEW CLASSIC ROLLER SKIS

Post by trotro » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:20 am

I'm yet to be convinced by brakes - I just don't ski anywhere with big slopes though. You should post a video of them.

dcpattie
xcskiforum 40K

Post by dcpattie » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:13 am

Pat wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:46 am
I recently purchased a pair of Swenor classic roller skis. They are Swenor Finstep model and I have #3 slow wheels and a calf brake. Have to say they are terrific to ski on. Being composite and for lighter skiers they have a nice flex to them, the wheels are slow and controllable, and the brake is the best I've ever used and easy to adjust to fit your leg shape. Usually my workouts, no matter what activity I'm doing, are about an hour long. These definitely fit that need and handle the terrain and imperfections in the road very well. I'm very happy with the setup and round out my stable of gear/skis.

Hope everyone is healthy and enjoying the summer sun.

R.,
Pat
Better that the Jenex Aero 150RC?
Dave in Nordic Virginia

Pat
xcskiforum 30K

Post by Pat » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:13 pm

Dave -- I have a set of V2 9848s, Woodski Skate skis, and now these. Still continue to use them all but I can tell you the skiability and the confidence on the new set is far superior -- at least for me. They are significantly lighter, have similar bindings as to my other skis, a very easy to operate brake that works, a good "snow feel" since they are composite and designed for a light weight like myself, and the ski rides lower than my 9848s... Very easy to turn ands step turn. Also the ratchet wheel is on the back and not the front -- no learning curve noted.
I asked for the #3 slow wheels and they work well for me. Today I did multiple 4 minute uphill intervals on a steep hill. I take the skis off and run back down the hill because it is steep and being used at the same time by walkers/runners/baby strollers. Great workout and of course the current heat we are having in Eastern US is a butt kicker.

Stay cool and no skiing on I-95 -- although it is probably faster than driving that road on a weekend.

Pat

Neuro
World Cup

Post by Neuro » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:41 am

Grats with new skis. What brake is that exactly? Swenor's own?

Pat
xcskiforum 30K

Post by Pat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:12 pm

Yes it is a Swenor brake. It seems to work very well. I haven't used it when it is raining out yet so I don't know of the stopping power when wet, but sure has a nice feel to it and easy to adjust.

Pat